All Troopers who wish to request transport to attend clubs, must read and agree to our Trooper Transport Agreement.
We use Person-Centred support at Finding Your Feet, and we are very proud to be able to offer some vital transport to Troopers via Rotary volunteer drivers and taxi support. This is only possible through partial funding and is not guaranteed.
We believe that all Troopers should have the capacity to fulfil their potential and take back control of their lives and encouraging independent travel or driving (where possible) is part of this journey.
When Troopers first become involved with Finding Your Feet, they may need some help to get to our clubs and activities, and we love to be able to offer this help with transport, especially for people who have recently had their amputation.
We can work with Troopers to build confidence and find independence to travel on public transport or if required, offer to find the best travel solutions enabling Troopers to live a more accessible and satisfying life.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TROOPER
It’s important to understand that Finding Your Feet pay for taxi services and there’s no easy way to say; it’s an expensive but often vital part of our services. Sadly, we often face charges if Troopers don’t show up for their arranged taxi or don’t give us enough notice to cancel a taxi booking.
We expect Troopers to agree to and support us with the following: –
- Please only use taxis or volunteer drivers if you are unable to access public transport and have no other means of travel.
- We politely ask, if for any reason you need to cancel your taxi or volunteer driver that you try to give as much notice as possible to help prevent charges.
- We’ll aim to book transport support within a 20-mile radius of your FYF group or activity. We’re happy to discuss individual circumstances so please get in touch.
- Punctuality is very important to reduce costs. Please be ready for your allocated time which you will have requested when you registered for a club. You will receive confirmation of this, and you can also check this at any time on our Trooper Portal.
- We reserve the right to cancel any taxi / volunteer driver booked on our account at any time.
- Failure to notify staff of a required cancellation more than twice could result in the review of our Transport plan and potential cancellation of your taxi or voluntary driver support.
- You’ll receive confirmation before the date of your club once your taxi has been booked. If you don’t receive confirmation, please get in touch.
If you need to make any adjustments or cancellations, please call or text our dedicated transport booking line on 07727 291 778 between 9 am – 3.30 pm Monday to Friday. Texts or voicemails sent out with this time, will be picked up the next working day. Thanks.
LIMITS FOR USE
Troopers must not use a taxi or voluntary driver service (nor any FYF service or groups) under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs.
End destinations must not be changed from the agreed booking, unless arranged with a member of FYF staff who will contact the taxi company. If we find Troopers are changing their destination, we may review our transport plan.
The name, address, and telephone number we hold for Troopers will be shared at the point of taxi booking. If any of your details change, please ensure you notify us as soon as possible.