Every parent hears it. Perhaps frequently. Often we don’t have time to attend to our kids entertainment. But what can you do with your kids if you do have the time to spend when they are bored? Especially if you want to limit their TV time and come up with interesting ideas of things to do instead.
Here are some ideas for things too do with kids when they are bored.
Focusing on 4 key areas the Mindful Monsters subscription aims to boost creativity, improve concentration, inspire positivity and aid relaxation. Perfect for 3 to 8 years old. Click here.
Aye Mind is on a mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of young people – by making better use of the internet, social media and mobile technologies. We have worked with young people aged 13 to 21 to create and share a wide range of Resources. More information here.
Combined Minds is an app developed for teenage mental health charity stem4 by Dr Nihara Krause, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, to help families and friends support young people with their mental health. More info here.
Equipping young people with the integral skills they need to thrive in life. Supporting yourself and each other through Coronavirus. More info here.
Are you struggling to keep too many balls in the air right now? We at DragonBox fully understand you – we’re parents too!
Structuring your day can be a real life saver now! Common sense media has put together some helpful tips on how to keep your kids learning while they’re stuck at home. Read more here.
Alex Horne here, the Taskmaster(s assistant), to make self isolating and social distancing slightly more bearable with #HomeTasking. Keep an eye out on Twitter for each task, send in your attempts, and you could feature in a highlight reel of all my favourites here on YouTube.
Follow the show at http://www.twitter.com/taskmaster
Become a fan at https://www.facebook.com/officialtask…
The following websites are providing guidance and resources to support the kids during school closures.
- Twinkl: https://www.twinkl.co.uk/
- Classroom Secrets: https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/
- White Rose Maths: https://whiterosemaths.com/
- Master the Curriculum: https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/
- Primary Stars: https://plprimarystars.com/
- Mrs Mactivity: https://www.mrsmactivity.co.uk/
- Chatterpack: https://chatterpack.net/blogs/blog
- With millions of kids cooped up at home, Amazon is opening up free streaming access to more than 40 children’s shows — including its original series — to all customers worldwide. Click here to access.
- Learning games for kids: https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/ik-learning-games-for-kids/id1184237977
- Free, fun and foolproof activities for kids to do at home, using stuff from around the house. Click here.
- Active Childhood UK – here.
- Free online learning – here.
- BBC Newsround – here.
- Trivia Games with Kahoot – here.
- talkSTEM works hard to make unique and high quality STE(A)M educational content freely available to all children. Check them out here.
- The scientists running Seattle-based Oceans Initiative were inspired this week to launch what they’ve dubbed their Virtual Marine Biology Camp.
- Free resources for home learning, in-school and family activities here.
- Top Marks: www.topmarks.co.uk
- Dragon Box (paid app): https://dragonbox.com/
- Bee Bot App for Computing: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bee-bot/id500131639
- Times Table Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
- CBeebies Numberblocks: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks
- Explorify for Science: https://explorify.wellcome.ac.uk/
- ICT games for literacy and maths: https://www.ictgames.com/
- Prodigy Maths: https://www.prodigygame.com/
- Phonics Play: click here.
- Phonics Bloom: click here.
- Letters and Sounds: click here.
- CBeebies Alphablocks: click here.
- Teach Your Monster to read: click here.
- Oxford Owl: click here.
- Teach Handwriting: click here.
- Vooks – Storybooks brought to life: click here.
- Scholastic: click here.
- Spelling Shed: click here.
- Smiling Minds: click here.
- Cosmic Yoga: click here.
- BBC Supermovers: click here.
- Go Noodle: click here.
- Premier League Stars: click here.
- Newsround: click here.
- Joe Wicks the body coach is doing a YouTube live workout 9am to 10am for kids so they can still do some P.E. Check it out here.
- Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Parent Club offers up-to-date guidance from the Scottish Government on your child’s health and education. It’s full of hints and tips from other parents and carers who’ve been there before. It also has advice to help you look after your own wellbeing and to point you in the direction of the support available.
Check them out here.
Check out when Spider-Man will be doing his next bedtime story book at his page below.🕷
Elevenses with The World of David Walliams
Did you know that David Walliams is the biggest selling children’s author to have started writing since the year 2000? Check out his free audio stories here.
PE WITH JOE
JOE WICKS is helping Britain’s kids stay active while they’re off school due to the coronavirus crisis. Check out his videos here.
LimbPower have added a new kids Physical Education Infographic to their resources section which you might like to check out. It’s a fantastic resource to address the needs of limb impaired children engaging in School PE and Sport. Check it out here.