We’d walk over hot coals to help those affected by amputation or limb difference, but would you do the same – literally – to help fundraise for Finding Your Feet?
On Friday 27th January we are hosting a sponsored firewalk at our office at Skypark Glasgow from 5:30pm-8:30pm and we’d love you to join us for this exhilarating and extreme event.
What is a firewalk? It is a 12ft barefoot walk across hot coals measuring 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s a real life changing experience.
It's important to know The Walk Of Champions is more than just a FireWalking workshop. During this incredible, unforgettable few hours you will:
- Learn how to conquer fear and how our minds can be turned to confidence and certainty in ANY situation
- Tap into long lost reserves of confidence and belief before taking to the fire to take your 8 steps to Awesome!
- Learn how to easily access your own inner power and direct it to ANY task
- Rediscover deeply held belief in your own AMAZING potential and ability
- And, of course, use all of these INCREDIBLE new skills to take The Walk Of Champions.
These moments are where lives change. Yours can be one of them.
Walking on fire isn’t hard, in fact almost everyone can do it, young or old. The hard part is overcoming the fear. The workshop section of the event will teach you how to overcome any fear and you'll get an opportunity to test out your new 'mind over matter' powers in a mini-challenge before the big event itself. Here's a video to get you fired up!
A number of our Troopers (FYF amputees) have shown an interest in taking part. Never one to back down from a challenge, we recruited help from the Firewalk organiser and his friends worldwide, and have worked out a way to make this happen. There are various options and work-arounds which will make it possible for all amputees to take part - upper limb, lower limb, double and even quadruple amputees - there's a solution for you all! However, unfortunately we have been strongly advised that anyone with diabetes or any vascular conditions cannot participate, we know this will disappoint a few of our Troopers but your safety is a priority for us.
Entry costs just £15 per person plus we ask that you raise a minimum of £100 sponsorship each for Finding Your Feet. You can set up a fundraising page on BT MyDonate here.
- The firewalk is led by a qualified Firewalk instructor and Mind Coach who has led dozens of firewalks
- It is very rare for anyone to experience anything more uncomfortable than an occasional small blister (or ‘fire trophy’). You will be asked to sign a liability waiver form as part of the workshop for the firewalk and other activities, and will be taking responsibility for your own choices and wellbeing.
- Everyone decides for themselves whether to walk the coals, and when to do so, so be assured that you will not be coerced into doing anything that doesn’t feel right to you, the freedom of choice and the power are all yours!
- Minimum age is 13.
|Event Date||27-01-2017 5:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||26-10-2016|
|Individual Price||£15 per person plus minimum £100 sponsorship for FYF|