Finding Your Feet offer lots of information and support. Find out about some of this below with our quick links to help you get involved and connected. If you have any problems with any of these or if we can help with anything else, please get in touch.
We have our website which you can request to join by clicking here. If you’re not sure how, check out our video below.
Registering on the website gives you access to our Private Trooper sections, where you’ll find various sections of information as well as interesting stories and details of our upcoming clubs. If you have any problems registering at all just get in touch.
Once you’ve registered, one of the team will approve it and you’ll be able to sign in.
Once you’ve signed in, you’ll see our ‘Clubs Calendar’ where you can select your area. You’ll find all your clubs listed and be able to register for any you’d like to come along to. It really helps us out if you could please register so we know who will be attending, especially for clubs where we pay in advance. It also helps us keep track of numbers. Equally, if you can’t make it to a club, if you could please cancel online beforehand, this allows us to give your space to another Trooper in clubs where spaces are limited. Registering on the website also gives you access to our private Trooper sections where we have lots of information and resources for you to check out. Here’s a handy video to help you out:
You can keep up to date with our clubs and any changes we may have to make on our FYF Clubs Facebook group. You’ll find information about each of the clubs upcoming in your area. Please click here and request to join.
We also have our FYF No LIMBits Facebook group which is a private online peer support group, only for amputees, where our members can go for a chat, to get/give advice or just post some interesting stories.
Please click here to request to join and become a member. One of the team will approve your request to join. Please answer the questions to confirm you are an amputee.
To help us all stay active and connected during Lockdown we’ve created a group where we are holding live activity sessions, videos and get togethers. We are also posting about lots of activity ideas and entertainment to help pass the time. As we introduce small physical clubs we will post information about these in here as well. For more information and to join click here.
We recently started our Chat Groups for each of our areas. They’re a great place to get to know fellow troopers from your area out with our clubs. Please select your area from the list below to request to join.
- Glasgow – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFGlasgowChatGroup/
- Dundee – https://facebook.com/groups/FYFDundeeChatGroup/
- Ayr – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFAyrChatGroup/
- Fife – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFFifeChatGroup/
- Edinburgh – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFEdinburghChatGroup/
- Aberdeen – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFAberdeenChatGroup/
- Leeds – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFLeedsChatGroup/
- Inverness – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFInvernessChatGroup/
We know that sometimes you’d rather speak about something with others in the same situation, which isn’t relevant to the majority. We have a couple of Splinter Groups which are ideal for this, please find links to these below. You can request to join by clicking the relevant link, please make sure to answer the questions so we can deal with your request quickly.
- FYF Elective Amputations https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFElectiveAmputations/
- FYF Parents – https://www.facebook.com/groups/FYFParents/
- FYF Family & Friends – https://www.facebook.com/groups/fyffamilyandfriends
We have a few different Messenger Chat Groups where we hold our weekly & monthly video chats. They’re also great places to have a chat with your fellow Troopers between video chats too. If you’d like to join any of them please get in touch and let us know.
- Central Belt Chat (for Edinburgh, Glasgow & Ayr Troopers)
- Dundee & Fife Chat (for both area Troopers)
- Inverness & Aberdeen Chat (for both area Troopers)
- Trooper Chat Group (for any area Troopers)