Update: places are all filled now
We’ll be taking to the skies for this entry-level tandem skydive and we’d love for you to join us! Using a dual harness, you are securely attached to one of the Skydive St Andrew’s fully qualified and experienced instructors who will guide you through the whole jump from the exit, in free-fall, flying the parachute and finally the landing.
Exiting the aircraft from up to 10,000ft above the ground, you’ll experience approximately 30 seconds of free-fall – skydiving through the air at speeds up to 120 miles per hour. Excited yet?
When and Where?
Date: Sunday 3rd September
Time: 8am – Late afternoon
Location: Skydive St Andrews, Fife Airport, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2SZ
On the day
- Arrival time for jumpers – 8am. Unfortunately we’ll not be able to provide transport, however, let us know if you would like us to help facilitate car sharing.
- End time – late afternoon, depending on your jump slot.
- Kid’s places – jumpers must be 16 and above (under 18’s must have parental consent)
- Spectators – friends, family and dogs are all welcome to come along to watch. Time slots will be allocated in advance, so they don’t have to be there all day.
- Refreshments – there is a café on site.
What do you need to do?
Well, other than free-falling from the sky, you’ll get to raise money to support the amputee community! There’s a deposit of £80 to confirm your place. Then £200 to pay on the day. We’re asking all skydivers to raise £150 to support our charity on top of this.
If you would like to take part but are unable to pay the costs yourself and would like your fundraising to cover this, you will need to raise £350. Make sure anyone donating to your page knows that only anything after the first £200 will be coming to FYF.
Fundraising target to be reached before the event.
Eilish has made a helpful wee video to guide you through setting up your fundraising page below.
Once the deposit is paid…
We’ll pass along your email address to the company and they will be in contact to arrange the next steps, like sending over your health and safety forms and answering any questions you have.
You will also be contacted by Eilish or Becca from our Fundraising Team to help you get your fundraising pages set up and start bringing donations in.
Can you take part?
For any amputees that would like to join us – the skydiving team have had amputees before, including wheelchair users. As with all events like this, we’d advise talking to a medical health professional if you have any concerns.
Here are a couple of examples from the skydiving team’s website about their restrictions:
What ages are allowed?
- The minimum age for skydiving is 16 years of age. If a person is under 18 years of age, they must have their parent or legal guardian sign the BS Tandem Student Medical Declaration (Form 115A) and the BS Membership Agreement (Form 106). The participant must bring some form of identification which shows their date of birth or proof of age.
- There is no maximum age although persons over the age of 70 are required to contact to the Chief Instructor prior to booking. Please note, a Student Tandem Doctors Certificate (Form 115B) is required for anyone who is 70 or over.
What are the weight restrictions?
For safety reasons, strict weight restrictions have been put in place based on a risk assessment. Any person exceeding these weight limits will not be able to complete their tandem skydive. 14 stone (89kgs), is the maximum permitted weight. The Chief Instructor can authorise an increase up to 15 stone (95kg). This is generally for male participants only and is dependant on the individuals physical fitness, their age and with height/weight being taken into consideration. Any clarification on this must be directed to the Chief Instructor prior to initial arrival.
Skydiving contact details
Telephone: 01592 882400
You can have a look at the skydive requirements including health concerns here.
Please note that the event could be postponed depending on weather conditions.