There are many reasons you might want to volunteer:
- meet new people
- spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- improve your employment prospects
- use your skills / knowledge to benefit others
- or maybe you know an amputee who’s life has been improved by support from FYF.
By volunteering, you will be making a huge difference to the lives of individuals living with limb loss and their families.
Our volunteering roles vary enormously, and include office admin, sports coaching, first aid, chauffeuring, photography, mentoring, canvassing and fundraising. If you have an interest, hobby or skill you think our Troopers could benefit from, we would love you to get in touch.
If you're on Facebook, we have a group called FYF Volunteers which you might be interested in joining. This is where we post when we're looking for a volunteer for a particular task or event.
We are currently looking for volunteers for the following:
- Sat 1st April
- St Mirren FC ground, Paisley 2021 Stadium. 1:45pm - 3pm
- We are looking for 4 more volunteers to stand at the gates with collection buckets before the start of the game. We can arrange for a ticket if you'd like to stay on and watch the game.
- Sunday 11th June
- Millport, Isle of Cumbrae. 11am - 3pm (preferably all day however we can make up a rota if you are only available for some of the time)
- We are looking for 20-30 volunteers to help with things like registration, marshalling, cheering stations, handing out medals & goody bags, manning the activity stands (playing games with the kids)